Monday, April 2, 2012

free pants!

I have been gone for a long time I know.... but since I got my iphone I surf and check email on it and don't turn my computer on every day like I used to so.....I don't blog :( BUT! I have been sewing and have lots to share so here is what I did today and am excited about so the free pants go first! So there are shadows and my pics arent the best but thats what you get when you have to take pictures of yourself in the mirror.




Saw this pin on pinterest and knew I had the perfect pair of frumpy pants to try it on, they were going in the goodwill pile so if I ruined them I wouldn't care. So I tried them on inside out and started marking just like in this blog post, then I pinned the fabric together and sewed a straight line just as instructed in the mini tutorial.  It took me a few tries at the crotch and hips but I got it, I am a mother of 5 and have some teenagers (don't want to look like I squeezed into one of their pants!!! that's hilarious just to think about...I have unfortunately seen moms that look like this) so the supper tight look is not for me, but I think you will agree with me that this is a HUGE improvement! So examine your closet and I bet you will find some paints or skirts that are in need of an update.  This does not take any major sewing skills but if you are a little timid you can brush up on some sewing basics and tailoring skills here on Burda, they have great how to's

2 comments:

  1. Good job! This is basically the same method I use for altering my husband's pants (except I leave the legs fuller).

    ReplyDelete